Independence Day was celebrated at Swayamkrushi along with Round tablers. The chairperson of The Round table hoisted the flag. Children of Swayamrkushi planted sapling in the new premises.
Students were taken on an educational trip to flying college at Hakimpet and had the experience of watching taxiing and landing and saw the cockpit where the pilots sit and fly the aircraft. Some of them even saw the Air traffic control room.
Concern India has arranged a trip to Lumbini Park and Played games with the normal school students.
40 minutes music programme by students of Swayamkrushi was broadcasted on FM Radio.The students performed a dance programme at Ayyappa Temple and stunned the audience with their excellent coordination.
Starting with Sankranti, Iftar party on the festival of Ramzan and Christmas was celebrated at Swayamkrushi.
Rakhi and holi was also celebrated and the students enjoyed the sweets and the colors.
The students of Swayamrkushi not only receive help from the society but also reciprocate by helping the society. They often clean the park in the colony under ‘Swatch Bharat programme’
For Madras Cyclone relief fund they have sent water bottles, Medicines, Odom’s and school uniforms through T.V 9. The money is generated by working in the community (Cleaning the grills and helping the women to spring clean their houses).
The tailoring section has made jute bags for an agency at Sahara UAE, and Silk bags fancy bags for ‘Stri Shakti’ a California based organization.
There is a regular flow of visitors to our school almost on a daily basis. Some of the important visitors are as follows
- Mrs. Archana Raj.President AFWW a local Air Force Station, Hakimpet. visited our Institution.
- Mr. Pankaj Maru. Member NGO Screening Committee, ADIP, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. Govt of India visited our Institute.li>
- Dr. E. Ramesh Kimar, IAS. PS to HMS.JE visited our Institution.
- Mrs. Anuradha Thakur, Secretary, Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, Shimla, visited institute and Group home.
- Mr. C.K Khaitan JS & CEO, the National Trust, Govt. of India. Visited our Group home, our new premises and Institute.